listen to this

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Modest Mouse, "Blame it on the Tetons": I am in love with this song. I find some of Modest Mouse's songs a little harsh-sounding, but this one is beautiful and kind of serene. And I love the way the vocals sound with the scratchy guitar and background noise.

Unfortunately I did not complete all the things on my to-do list. I did, however see Wall-E. I really liked it--it was cute without being overly kiddy--in fact, the message was pretty serious: we can't keep using and abusing the Earth at the rate we are without expecting consequences. Rather than being an ominous warning, though, it was uplifting, and Wall-E's character, despite his being a trash-collecting robot, was lovable and sweet. The characters and their unique mannerisms were creative, and visually, I think it was one of the best Pixar films yet--the views of space were magical-looking, and the light and movement was especially realistic.

Time to sleep--tomorrow is Thursday. Which means absolutely nothing.

yours truly
geraldine

2 comments:

giggleness said...

ohh. wall e sounds good, i just might go see it. :)

St Nick said...

I sometimes like Modest Mouse too, but I agree their sound can be a bit harsh. Have you heard their song "the world at large"? I'm glad to hear that such a mainstream movie is promoting caring for the earth!
-Rosie