july, july

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I really can't believe it's july already--the summer's going by so fast! So far it's been pretty relaxed.

my favorite summer things:

1. gladiator sandals. Despite having already bought a pair of these type of sandals from Target , I keep seeing them everywhere, and I can't help desperately wanting another pair. I'm not really a fan of the kind that seem to entrap your legs in countless leather straps and buckles (kind of scary. plus, who has the time to do up all those straps?), but I love these more delicate ones by Rampage, and this strappy gold style. And these gold-studded ones have a cool rock-glamour edge.



2. dance-party worthy music. As much as I love all you guitar-strumming, poetry-inducing indie-folk guys (yes, you, Bon Iver and Iron & Wine), sometimes you just need some musical non-diet, completely caffeinated soda pop to brighten your otherwise unremarkable days, or to blast from your car (or from the old boom box precariously attached to your bicycle), or to dance to with your friends. here are some songs from my summer playlist:

M.I.A, "Paper Planes"

Phoenix, "Consolation Prizes"

Spoon, "You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb"

Santogold, "Say Aha"

Jonas Brothers, "Burnin' Up" (no, this is not supposed to be ironic)

Duffy, "Mercy"

Madonna (feat. Justin Timberlake, etc.), "4 Minutes"

et cetera.

to be continued!

yours truly

geraldine



2 comments:

Hannah said...

I love paper planes- MIA! Did you have fun at Idol?

Anonymous said...

Saw this new cover version / remix song and video " M.I.A - Paper Planes (Diss By DeLon)" has been done by Delon (http://www.myspace.com/delonrap)

Ceylon Records - the label handling Sri Lankan Rapper Delon has released this controversial video -
M.I.A - Paper Planes (Diss By DeLon)

MIA Paper Planes (Diss by Delon)

Delon speaks about his Cover Version of "Paper Planes"

More from Delon....