the little things

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Today was a good day.

Around lunchtime I went to Borders and bought I Love You, Beth Cooper by Larry Doyle. I finished it a little while ago. I really liked it--its protagonist, Denis Cooverman, is hilariously self-deprecating and hopelessly socially awkward, and very likeable, and the story is familiar without being cliché. I also bought George Orwell's 1984, which I convinced my brother to read. Unfortunately, this means that I can't read it until he's done. hm.

Also: right now I'm a little overwhelmed by how nice it is to have people ask how you're doing and even just say hi. It's a nice reminder that there are people that care about you, which is one of the best feelings in the world. basically, I love my friends :)

Anyway...tomorrow I'm going to go to Starbucks and ask about working there and make an appointment to get a haircut (the latter will not take place in Starbucks, more likely in a hair salon).

now it's time to sleep.

yours truly
geraldine

3 comments:

Hoi Polloi said...

Hello, there. Very nice to meet you! I myself have recently been imbibing novels. I read "The People of Paper", the "Secret Life of Bees", and now "A Madman Dreams of Turing Machines" all in a week! I will probably put some sort of review on my blog. What is your favorite novel? I am looking for new ones to move on to...

zaiii said...

this sounds like a good book and it has an awesome cover! (yeah yeah i know dont judge a book by its cover lol) thanks for the comment :)

Alexis said...

I linked you!
&go see it! but make sure you have a little time to get in the theater, because it was a long line, and tons of people were already in line for the next viewing.
I think he should get an Oscar too.