i left my heart in san francisco

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm back!

The trip was really an amazing experience. It was both shocking and saddening to see all the poverty and other issues that exist in our own state of california, but I came away from the trip feeling empowered to do something about it, and also to make a difference in others' lives in smaller ways, even by just saying hello or smiling to people on the street. I also formed some new friendships and strengthened the ones I have, which I really hope I can hold on to throughout the summer and next year. It feels kind of strange to be home still, even though I came home on wednesday.

Here are some pictures from our time in san francisco, although not from the area we worked in (we were working in the tenderloin, which is a small, very poor, densely populated 25-block area in between union square and nob hill).





Now back to perusing mixwit for some new music to listen to. I'm also considering a nap.

yours sleepily

geraldine

(p.s. check out this mix, it's really good)

3 comments:

Sam said...

beautiful photos!
and as for the layout and header...for the header, i just took some pictures i found on the internet and put them into a collage on paint, then uploaded it onto my blog by going into layout and clicking on the banner part.
changing the background was a bit trickier...i searched for tutorials on how to change it which might be easier than me explaining it to you.
hope that helped, i'm sorry, but i am terrible at explaining things.

geraldine said...

thanks!
ok, the header part sounds pretty simple, and i'll look up stuff about the rest of the page.
thank you! :]

Wendy said...

You really captured the beautiful parts of SF. And I agree about the poverty. I guess its just cause its the urban city and not the suburbs.