pas vraiment français

Sunday, May 25, 2008

I have decided that I really like songs sung in French by non-French artists. That may be a dangerous generalization, as I'm sure there are many examples of such attempts gone horribly wrong, but I think a lot of French songs (language-wise) can sound much more beautiful and in some cases, romantic. That might be because I don't speak French--understanding the words to the songs would probably remove the mysterious and slightly exotic element that makes them so appealing. Anyway, here are some of my favorite French-but-not-really songs:

1. Feist, "L'Amour Ne Dure Pas Toujours"
2. Nada Surf, "L'aventurier" (this song is actually slightly obnoxious, but I wanted to include it anyway)
3. Eartha Kitt, "C'est si bon"
4. Sambassadeur, "Le Chanson de Prévert"
5. Rufus Wainwright, "Complainte de la Butte"

That is all for now. Sometimes I wish I was taking French instead of Spanish. But c'est la vie.

yours francophilically
geraldine

1 comments:

ebonyx said...

bonjour!
who doesnt like eartha kitt? ;)